Date(s) - 05/12/2017
3:30 pm - 5:30 pm
Venue: Asia House, Indiakaj 16
Last year, Danish exports to Pakistan increased by 58%, making Pakistan Denmark’s fastest growing market in Asia. The total Danish exports to Pakistan in 2016 reached DKK 790 million, higher than Bangladesh (DKK 610 million) and approaching the level of Indonesia and The Philippines (DKK 920 million).
Behind this apparent success lies a more ambiguous story of great and lost opportunities for Danish companies. According to UN statistics, Sweden exported three times more to Pakistan than Denmark in 2016. Belgium nearly eight times more. Is it time for a fresh outlook on Pakistan?
Join us for an afternoon with focus on the opportunities and obstacles lying ahead for anyone considering Pakistan a potential market.
- 15:30 – Registration
- 15:40 – Welcome by Susanne Rumohr Hækkerup, Executive Director, Asia House
- 15:45 – Michael Vinther Møller (Sales Area Manager, FOSS), on approaching the Pakistani market in 2016
- 16.05 – Q & A to FOSS
- 16:10 – David Møller Westh (Travel Security Advisor, FLS), on company guidelines for visiting Pakistan
- 16:20 – Gregers Schmidt (General Manager, FLS), on hands-on experience for visiting Pakistan
- 16:30 – Q & A and panel discussion: FOSS, FLS & Assar Qureshi (Team Lead, Invest in Denmark and former Commercial Councellor at the Danish embassy in Islamabad)
- 16:50 – Closing remarks by H.E. S. Zulfiqar Gardezi, Ambassador of Pakistan
- 17:00 – Networking
See HERE for registration and program.