The 5 December 2017 Asia House hosted the seminar “Doing Business in Pakistan”. The seminar brought a full house and a lively discussion to Asia House. FOSS presented a story of growth and opportunity. FLS talked about their deep involvement in Pakistan, and how they handle the security situation. The Danish Ministry of Foreign Affairs elaborated on general trends and opportunities viz. trade with Pakistan, and H. E. The Ambassador of Pakistan to Denmark, S. Zulfiqar Gardezi completed the event with a macro-political analysis.
The basic message was as following: “The business opportunities are great and growing by the year. Security is improving and can be managed. And finally: the Pakistan government is open for business, pragmatic and eager to proceed”.
The Programme was as follows:
- 15:30 Registration
- 15:40 Welcome by Susanne Rumohr Hækkerup, Executive Director, Asia House
- 15:45 Michael Vinther Møller (Sales Area Manager, FOSS), on approaching the Pakistani market in 2016
- 16.05 Q & A to FOSS
- 16:10 David Møller Westh (Travel Security Advisor, FLS), on company guidelines for visiting Pakistan
- 16:20 Gregers Schmidt (General Manager, FLS), on hands-on experience for visiting Pakistan
- 16:30 Q & A and panel discussion: FOSS, FLS & Assar Qureshi (Team Lead, Invest in Denmark and former Commercial Councellor at the Danish embassy in Islamabad)
- 16:50 Closing remarks by H.E. S. Zulfiqar Gardezi, Ambassador of Pakistan
- 17:00 Networking